Winter 2008-2009 Refit | Sunday, October 19, 2008
I began the day by sanding the
varnish on the toerails and hatch surround.
Next, I spent a short time
removing the old discharge hose from the galley sink sump,
since I'd need a new, longer one to make the run to the new
location. Removal was straightforward; I reserved this
length of hose for some future re-use.
Next, I sponged out the
water that remained in the bilge, and cleaned things up a
bit. The bilges had held up very well in the years
since the initial restoration, and though I'd initially
thought of repainting the bilges, I didn't see any point, as
the paint was in good condition, so I removed that from my
list. I wanted to get the bilges clean and dry so that
I could eventually secure a platform on which to attach the
new galley sink sump.
While I was inside the
boat, I unclamped and removed the holding tank vent hose,
located in the chainlocker, and detached the old plated zinc
vent fitting from inside so I could remove it pending
arrival of its new replacement. I finalized my parts
orders and sent them off.